IP of the Birdge doesn't get updated to the IP Address Table

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
Ilgar

IP of the Birdge doesn't get updated to the IP Address Table

Post by Ilgar » Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:08 am

Hi there,

i have two Windows 2012 R2 Servers which serve as Hyper-V hosts with a direct connection to the internet. Both have only one hardware NIC but as Hyper-V is installed they have two active virtual NICs:
Host1 virtual NIC external: public IP
Host1 virtual NIC internal: 10.0.0.1/24
Host2 virtual NIC external: public IP
Host2 virtual NIC internal: 10.0.0.2/24

Now I installed the latest SoftEther version on both to connect two sites (both internal LANs so that the VMs of both hosts can communicate as if they were in the same LAN). Therefore I installed SoftEther on Host1 as server and created a local bridge to the internal NIC. On Host2 I installed it as Bridge and also created a local bridge to the internal NIC. After that I connected Bridge and Server over their public IPs.

This works quite well for the VMs - so all VMs have connectivity among each other and also Host1 (the SoftEther Server). However they cannot connect to Host2's local interface (the Bridge with the local IP 10.0.0.2) and Host2 also can only connect to the VMs hosted on it and not to VMs on Host1.
When I go to "Manage Virtual Hub" -> "Manage Sessions" -> "IP Address Table List" I see on both (SoftEther Server and Bridge) that the local IP of the Bridge 10.0.0.2 is missing while all VM IPs as well as 10.0.0.1 are there.

So I guess it's logical that connections to 10.0.0.2 from the other site are not possible. But how can I get the Bridge IP in the table? I already tried creating local bridges to the other interfaces and resets but with no luck...

Thanks for help.

//Edit: config is untouched so all settings come from the standard wizard for that purpose.

Ilgar

Re: IP of the Birdge doesn't get updated to the IP Address T

Post by Ilgar » Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:45 am

Meanwhile I installed the Bridge on more host servers and on those everything works. During the installation I noticed that I got prompted to install the network driver (or at least I think it was the network driver) which I of course confirmed like on the server. However I'm pretty sure that I didn't get prompted on the 'problematic' Bridge. As this was my first Bridge installation I thought this is normal and only required on the server but now I guess this is the reason for my problem.

So some check for the existence of this driver (at least if this really is the problem) in future versions would be nice ;-)