Help connecting to DDNS and VPS

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
miausr

Help connecting to DDNS and VPS

Post by miausr » Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:42 am

So, I was initially trying to connect to my server at my home which sits behind multiple NAT's in a building. I am not too sure as to why this computer is having a problem connecting to the DDNS and VPN Azure. When I have installed the Server software on another client on the same network, it connects with no problem. I have attached an image of the issue, and maybe someone would know what is wrong. On the server, I am running Windows 8.1 with the most current version of SoftEther.

Trying to resolve this issue myself, I attempted to rent a VPS which has a direct internet connection. When I set up my VPN to the VPS, I have no problems obtaining a DDNS address or VPN connection. Knowing that this VPS is working and my internet is being routed through the VPS IP, I tried to do a Cascade connection from my home to the VPS with the home having a local bridge. I was able to connect to the VPS from the Server at home, and the VPS was able to all the IP's on my home network through the bridge setup on the home server.

Now my new issue is that, I am not able to connect to my home devices through the VPS having all connections up and running. I have enables SecureNAT on the VPS to issue IP address' attaching to the server. One thing is that I am using the same subnet 255.255.255.0; however, I am using a different gateway 192.168.1.1 (Router) and 192.168.2.1 (Softether VPN on the VPS) below is an example:

Laptop<----->VPS<---->Home Server<------>local bridge<----->Home network

VPS: Public IP, SecureNAT 192.168.2.1 255.255.255.0, VPN Hub, VLAN
Home Server: Behind multiple NAT, 192.168.1.1 255.255.255.0, local bridge enabled, cascade connection

Oh, one last thing...I had reverted my home server to a previous image twice, installing a fresh copy of Softether to make sure the settings were wiped from the computer before attempting again.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks guys! :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

thisjun

Re: Help connecting to DDNS and VPS

Post by thisjun » Thu May 14, 2015 6:41 am

192.168.1.1/24 and 192.168.2.1/24 are in different subnet.