Setting up VPN Server as Relay

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
cyclical

Setting up VPN Server as Relay

Post by cyclical » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:51 pm

Hi, I'm trying to set up SoftEther as a relay as described in the "Comfortable Network Anywhere" at http://www.softether.org/4-docs/2-howto ... k_Anywhere

I have the Server (v4.15) running on a CentOS system in a virtual private server at an ISP, temporarily unblocked the firewall, and set up a Virtual Hub with a user. The server is listening on a public IP address (I can use the admin tool to administer it remotely).

I have another computer where I have installed the SoftEther client on Windows 7 and created a virtual adapter and VPN connection.

When I try and connect with the client, it initially connects and authenticates, and then gives a message "Requesting an IP address to the DHCP server in the VPN", which eventually times out with an error code 13 and disconnects.

So, as there is no DHCP server running on the server's network, I tried enabled the VirtualNAT/DHCP server; however, the error persists.

1) when using the VPN Server as a Relay, is the virtual hub on the server supposed to use a local bridge or a VirtualNAT?

2) any thoughts on why I cannot get the client to get an IP address from the DHCP server?

The log files are not giving me much help, sorry.

Thanks in advance.

cyclical

Re: Setting up VPN Server as Relay

Post by cyclical » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:14 pm

Actually, I am now able to connect, using the same solution outlined here: http://www.vpnusers.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4585, on the client I checked the "Disable UDP acceleration".

I also had to enable the VirtualNAT. Is this expected?

Thanks.

thisjun

Re: Setting up VPN Server as Relay

Post by thisjun » Thu May 14, 2015 7:48 am

VPS doesn't allow localbridge sometimes.
Please try to use SecurNAT.