best way to backup & restore softether

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
vix

best way to backup & restore softether

Post by vix » Wed May 20, 2015 9:40 am

Hi, I have 2 dedicated servers using softether, I install the program and create virtual hubs and add users and setup my local bridge settings

is there anyway i can backup from centos to my personal computer the files and what files or command do i need to run thanks

Mike.Peterson

Re: best way to backup & restore softether

Post by Mike.Peterson » Wed May 20, 2015 10:43 am

If you are using windows managing utility you can open config file from there and just copy the txt.
On linux you can go to the folder where you compiled the softh ether and look for vpn_server.config.

vix

Post by vix » Sun May 31, 2015 10:33 am

Mike.Peterson wrote:
> If you are using windows managing utility you can open config file from
> there and just copy the txt.
> On linux you can go to the folder where you compiled the softh ether and
> look for vpn_server.config.

Thanks for response I do use Windows Server Manager, I see when I connect to server in utility it says button "Edit Config" if I click that its a huge text file so your saying if I copy that, thats all I need, is it really that easy?

So lets say I need to uninstall my server and reinstall, I would just reinstall softether and then click edit config and paste the text there and it will all go back to how it was? or do I have to click "important and apply" if so what file type can i import?

Thanks!

thisjun

Post by thisjun » Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:57 am

When importing, please specify the file which you saved.

majidmarhabi

Post by majidmarhabi » Mon Dec 25, 2023 8:44 pm

I can't back up the Softether panel and restore it in another panel, and now I'm in trouble because all my users are on the server and because I want to transfer all my data to another server, I haven't found a definitive way, if anyone can Please let me know, thanks

solo

Post by solo » Mon Dec 25, 2023 9:24 pm

majidmarhabi wrote:
Mon Dec 25, 2023 8:44 pm
I can't back up the Softether panel and restore it in another panel, and now I'm in trouble...
On Windows:

BACKUP
copy "C:\Program Files\SoftEther VPN Server\vpn_server.config"

RESTORE
net stop SEVPNSERVER
copy vpn_server.config "C:\Program Files\SoftEther VPN Server\vpn_server.config"
net start SEVPNSERVER

On Linux the equivalent of the above.