iOS IPSEC (without L2TP) VPN

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
scoobie

iOS IPSEC (without L2TP) VPN

Post by scoobie » Mon May 09, 2016 6:59 pm

I can get an iOS device to connect to Softether using L2TP/IPSEC. However, currently iOS does not allow apps to programatically create and launch L2TP/IPSEC VPN profiles.

iOS does support IPSEC VPN profiles to be created programatically and launched by apps. However, it does not appear SoftEther supports this as the log shows the following error:

"There are no acceptable transform proposals from the client for establishing an IKE SA"

Has anyone found a way around this?

Also I noted SoftEther does support OpenVPN clients and they have an App which will install a profile and launch it. I've managed to connect to the SoftEther server using their App and the config file generated by my server.

I've read they are using IPSEC on iOS. I'm wondering if anyone has managed to replicate how they achieve that? i.e are they simply creating a standard IPSEC VPN profile and launching it programatically, or have they submitted their VPN protocol for special approval from Apple.