Settings saved for Multiple users not individual profile

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
gogeekgo

Settings saved for Multiple users not individual profile

Post by gogeekgo » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:19 pm

I’ve noticed a problem with multiple users, sharing a computer having access to the same VPN Connections along with saved passwords to VPN connections.
Example User A, signs into the PC, connect to VPN A and saves the account information. Normally this is okay. However if this is a shared computer and then User B signs into the PC, they also see my VPN connections and can connect to the VPN that I access along with using my userid/password that was saved with the connection information.
I had assumed (dangerous thing), that the saved VPN settings were user profile specific.
Has anyone run into this problem and found a solution and/or can tell me how to configure it differently.
I’m using SoftEther VPN Client v4.28 Build 9669.

thisjun

Re: Settings saved for Multiple users not individual profile

Post by thisjun » Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:17 am

You can configure a password for SoftEther VPN Client.
Please check Tools->Set Password.

gogeekgo

Post by gogeekgo » Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:16 pm

I don't want to lock people out of the software.. It's a shared computer, with different users, different windows profile and also different rights to files when access files on the VPN. The problem is that everyone uses the same single shared profile of settings.

Each Windows users needs to have their own, unique and thus secure set of VPN settings

palustec

Post by palustec » Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:37 pm

I have a similar issue.

I would like the VPN client to ALWAYS prompt for a user name and password and never save it.

Has anyone found a way to accomplish this??

TIA,

Palustec

thisjun

Post by thisjun » Tue May 21, 2019 5:53 am

Please create a VPN connection setting with the wrong password or ID.
You can enable 'Don't save the password' in the pop-up windows when you try to connect the VPN with the setting.