VPN setup for connecting to same LAN Segment

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
akshaykgarg

VPN setup for connecting to same LAN Segment

Post by akshaykgarg » Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:01 am

I have a cloud server to which I have setup a VPN connection. The issue I have is that the SecureNAT gives me the ip range of 192.168.30.x, whereas the internal ip range of cloud server is 172.x.x.x. Is there a way I can perform some configuration so that the computers that connect to the cloud server over VPN get the ip range of 172.x.x.x instead of 192.168.30.x. Basically I want to be on the same LAN segment as the server.

sasmithers

Re: VPN setup for connecting to same LAN Segment

Post by sasmithers » Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:36 pm

Hi, I am relatively new to SoftEther, but I thought this might help you. If you double click on the hub listed in the manager session, and then select Virtual NAT and Virtual DHCP Server (SecureNAT) toggle button, then SecureNAT Configuration toggle button, you can change the range of IP's the virtual DHCP function uses. It defaults to the 192.168.30 network. I changed mine and it works great. You need to enable Virtual NAT and Virtual DHCP on the previous dialog though in order for this to work (if not already so). Good luck and I hope this helps you.