One more time about IPsec/L2TP

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
miky

One more time about IPsec/L2TP

Post by miky » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:20 pm

Hello to everyone,
My home network is FTTH with 100Mb/100Mb speeds and with static IP. My Virtual Server Softether is installed on laptop which is connected through the LAN cable to the network. I assigned IPv4 address to this laptop manually 192.168.1.77 (on public IP address is server). Next, I forwarded port 500, 4500, 1701 on my GPON router. I created VHUB, added users, enabled L2TP server, enabled SecureNat and Virtual DHCP and created local bridge. With this settings I connected on my android S9 (with OpenVpn) successfully no metter is local bridge online or offline trough another wifi network in my house. I m getting on android public-static IP address from laptop and that is ok. When I turn off V-DHCP server (where is static IP address and gateway) or I disable SecureNat, connection is not possible.
My questions are: Can I connect to the first network-FTTH and use thats speeds because I m getting speeds from second wifi network 10/10? How to do that? I lost 5 days in this dilema trying different combinations with no result. Second, how to share files and folders from this laptop to android? On laptop Advanced sharing options are enabled for all network -private and public. I do not see any other adapter on Network Connections on laptop except one for Lan which is active and second one for Wifi which is off.
Thanks for any advice and help.
Last edited by miky on Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

miky

Re: One more time about IPsec/L2TP

Post by miky » Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:20 pm

Half of the problem solved...
Turned off Virtual DHCP and SecureNat...installed local bridge only. Connected with android phone successufully. I got public-static IP address from network, yeah!!!
I figured how to access shared files and folders on laptop. I Installed ES File Explorer-problem solved.

Only one question left: Can I connect and use home internet-LAN on android phone through the vpn SoftEther? How to do this?
Please help...

centeredki69

Post by centeredki69 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:27 pm

Yes you should be able to connect to your local LAN "shared" resources as if you were connected to the LAN locally. This is of course if the LOCAL BRIDGE is configured correctly. Do you have any other PCs or devices on you home LAN that are shared if so ES File Explorer should be able to find them?

miky

Post by miky » Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:20 pm

I'm stucked with static routing...no idea how to enable clients accessing internet through my vpn server...If client's IP is 192.168.1.37, subnet 255.255.255.0 do I need entering something like this 192.168.1.0/255.255.255.0/publicIP on the static route of the server? Or I need changing ovpn file on client side by entering pushing route?

centeredki69

Post by centeredki69 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:36 pm

You keep mentioning you are setting up static routes. Don't you have a DHCP server on the same network the SE-Server is on?
With the local bridge set the your local-Network DHCP server should issue IP, gateway and DNS server address to the VPN clients.
Please provide a diagram of your network. It's a bit confusing what you are trying to accomplish

miky

Post by miky » Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:06 pm

I solved this problem...Thank You anyway...I'm connected now to my LAN.
Can I connect via android phone to my home Internet and get the same internet speed?