DHCP issue

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
SEuser19

DHCP issue

Post by SEuser19 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:16 am

My DHCP server is a physical router and my private network is using 10.10.x.x IP addresses. I've set up the SoftEther VPN on a VM. I can connect to it, but the client won't have internet connection or reach my network services unless I enable SecureNAT. I tried both abc.softether.net and abc.vpnazure.net. The problem with the SecureNAT, it's start acting as a DHCP server on the entire domain and it will hand out 192.168.x.x addresses on the network, it's not restricted to VPN clients only.
Shouldn't SecureNAT's DHCP be confined within the VPN hub, or is there a configuration error I made? I like SoftEther, because it's quick, but I can't let it act as a rouge DHCP server. Does anyone have a solution for this?

centeredki69

Re: DHCP issue

Post by centeredki69 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:52 pm

Do you have a Local bridge and secureNAT running on the same HUB?

SEuser19

Post by SEuser19 » Tue May 07, 2019 2:30 pm

Yes, I have only one hub

centeredki69

Post by centeredki69 » Mon May 13, 2019 11:34 pm

Yes you only have one HUB. But on this one HUB are you running SecureNAT" and a "local bridge" at the same time. If both are set at the same time the SecureNat DHCP server will leak over to your physical network.

You could use a "Localbridge" alone and disable "SecureNat". You would then need to set your VM to use promiscuous mode. Your VPN clients would then receive a IP address from your router DHCP server.