L2TP no internet (DNS) iOS (iPhone) device

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
stee-van

L2TP no internet (DNS) iOS (iPhone) device

Post by stee-van » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:07 am

Hi!

I have managed to get the L2TP working on my Windows 10 laptop (softEther client).
Connection is established and when checking my external IP I get my home IP stead my hotspot external IP (LTE). Great!
I also can reach my local servers without any issues. When browsing to some websites the pages are loading fine. So that works!

Now when trying to setup the L2TP connection on my iPhone X with the IPsec secret the connection is also established and getting a valid DHCP IP and can see the connection is running in the SoftEther manager.
The problem when opening Safari or Chrome the websites are not loading. Also my internal (local) website are not loading.
I have rebooted the device and the VPN server a couple of times without any effect.
It looks like my iPhone has no (DNS) internet connection after establishing a L2TP connection.

Am I missing something here?

Thanks!

sky59

Re: L2TP no internet (DNS) iOS (iPhone) device

Post by sky59 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:21 am

What you use on iphone? What sort of client?

I compiled my own client for android and it has a problem with ip route table. I have to correct it manually. See my posts

stee-van

Post by stee-van » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:26 am

Hi Sky,

I use the default builtin VPN client of iOS.
ip route tables you say? there is a section in the SoftEther Manager that I can configure.
Should I configure?

regards.

sky59

Post by sky59 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:09 pm

Windows client uses softether protocol on port 443

Builtin vpn uses something else and very likely blocked by firewall

My openvpn builtin android does not work, it uses ipsec....

When i compiled se client it works /se protocol port 443/

Try to connect your server and iphone to the same wifi, then it must work - no firewall

stee-van

Post by stee-van » Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:23 pm

I just tried to connect my iphone of the same lan/wifi through l2tp softether vpn server without firewall and have the same issue. Somehow still cannot browse the internet and internal websites are not reachable.

sky59

Post by sky59 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:45 pm

Advice from my friend: iApple stuff is only for young girls and old ladies - apple is doing what they want and nobody /girls+ladies/ notices it - throw it away :)

thisjun

Post by thisjun » Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:17 am

Could you describe IPs network environment etc more specifically?