VPN connection to Japan "established" using VPN gate... but I'm still in America?

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
melon4dinner

VPN connection to Japan "established" using VPN gate... but I'm still in America?

Post by melon4dinner » Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:44 pm

When I first downloaded softether and ran vpngate everything worked fine. Now, a few weeks later I tried again and it doesn't. Even though I've "successfully" connected and have supposedly been handed a new IP, it doesn't seem to work. Tracert 8.8.8.8 shows that I am still using my old IP instead of the 10.211 IP, and VPNgate homepage shows I am still in America.
Additionally,I see the wifi symbol in the task bar instead of the expected ethernet symbol. I also have reinstalled softether and VPN gate to try and fix it, but no luck. I have never changed any settings, and I haven't done anything differently than before. Same thing with all other servers listen on VPNgate. Any ideas what's going on?

sky59

Re: VPN connection to Japan "established" using VPN gate... but I'm still in America?

Post by sky59 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:49 pm

have a look at the ip route table

there is a "bug" regarding this.....

for linux system when using vpnclient I have to correct it manually, search for my posts, I described it here already

windows client does not have this problem

Use whatismyip.com it is easier and faster to see where you are