How do I access TCP ports on IP assigned to egiga0 on Linux hosting SoftEther service from VH using egiga0 as a bridge?

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
nekstein

How do I access TCP ports on IP assigned to egiga0 on Linux hosting SoftEther service from VH using egiga0 as a bridge?

Post by nekstein » Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:28 pm

Apologies if this this a duplicate question as I can't find a similar question asked here and I am stuck. Been trying for ages to find a solution and have thrown in the towel. Please can anyone help.

For purpose of this, a Chromecast is on IP 192.168.0.7.

I have set-up two SoftEther VPN servers at home of which the back-up which is a Windows 10 installation I'm having to use as it works really well, but it consumes extra power as this Windows based SoftEther server is the access to the local network which also hosts a NAS. The configuration of this is on an old laptop so only one wored LAN port and I have a virtual hub bridged to that LAN port. I can access ALL the resources on the laptop as well as the LAN. For purpose of this the LAN address is 192.168.0.1. I can ping this IP address from the VPN client and access all other IP based services operating on the the computer.

So . . .
PING 192.168.0.1 - WORKS
PING 192.168.0.2 - WORKS
PING 192.168.0.7 - WORKS

The problem is the SoftEther server installed on the NAS with an IP address of 192.168.0.2. When I connect to with the client to this Linux hosted SoftEther server the client can access everything on the LAN except the IP address of the NAS. So, I can ping IP address of the the chromecast on the LAN, but the NAS's IP it fails.

So . . .
PING 192.168.0.1 - WORKS
PING 192.168.0.2 - FAILS
PING 192.168.0.7 - WORKS

So, the VPN does work, but all IP based services on the Linux OS hosting the SoftEther fail. The VPN client can't reach the LAN IP affress of 192.168.0.2. Trying not to bridge the virtual hub to the LAN adapter, but using SecureNAT didn't seem to work. Same problem. The SoftEther server can't see or reach it's hosts LAN IP address.

What do I need to do to make the Linux OS behave like the Windows 10 OS regarding bridging to the physical Ethernet adapter.

I have feeling many people would like to know the answer to this puzzle.

PS: On the NAS that his hosting SoftEther, with I've installed via. Entware, the OS is in a protected area. I can not change the OS's boot-up configuration. I could possibly insert a script that would reconfigure things on boot-up, but I would rather not as I don't want to brick the NAS.
Thanks in advance.