MFA authentication

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
aqrchris

MFA authentication

Post by aqrchris » Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:22 am

Hi everyone,
Is anyway to integrate MFA(etc. Duo, Google Authenticator) to enhance login security. There is not too much reference on the internet......

Qoo

Re: MFA authentication

Post by Qoo » Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:43 pm

aqrchris wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:22 am
Hi everyone,
Is anyway to integrate MFA(etc. Duo, Google Authenticator) to enhance login security. There is not too much reference on the internet......
+1

opensrcguy

Post by opensrcguy » Sat May 30, 2020 12:49 pm

+1

Can anyone know how can i integrate Google Authenticator code with SoftEther VPN ?

comateux

Post by comateux » Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:50 am

Hello, I only know Duo integration is possible using the Duo authentication proxy via RADIUS.
Refer to the Duo documentation to setup the Duo auth proxy listening for RADIUS. Then configure SE server using RADIUS authentication which then points to your Duo auth proxy. The result is you may utilize the Duo push feature or manual inclusion of the 2FA code after the password such as password,123456. There are two limitations. First, a 10 second timeout which seems to be hardcoded as the retry interval in the SE Server. Let's hope a dev contributor can raise this limit as I would prefer at least a 30 to 60 second retry interval. The second involves the SE native client itself, which I would advise to disable auto reconnect to prevent automatic lockouts specifically in Duo.