4g ip address changed

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
ianb

4g ip address changed

Post by ianb » Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:55 am

I have a problem which is I use old 4G technology (out of date 4G mast) at my village in Wales, United Kingdom, to connect to O2 network using 4G TP-link hub.

My problem is the 4G cell network changes the IP address I connect to. This happens at the local 4G mast 200 meters from my hub. The result is if I am connected the server on the other side of the VPN server it will get an IP address changed message and I get disconnected.

I need the IP address to remain the same at the VPN server when it connects to the upstream server. My client VPN must be able to handle the change of IP that occurred between it and the VPN server.

Will SoftEther client notice the IP address changed between it and the VPN server, and will the vpn server also be able to be made aware of the IP address change between it and the VPN client and handle the change transparently and make my client software appear to use the same IP address that the VPN server used to connect to the upstream external server?

The only way this can happen is if the vpn client re-establishes the connection when it gets disconnected, and somehow re-establishes the session without the vpn server abandoning the old session link.

Snoopyandcharles

Re: 4g ip address changed

Post by Snoopyandcharles » Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:44 pm

are you using the DDNS?