VPN Network Configuration Considerations

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
Get Smarts

VPN Network Configuration Considerations

Post by Get Smarts » Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:15 am

Good afternoon,

I am relatively new to using Softether however and finding it exceptionally excellent product.

I have a specific project that I’m using it for however I am having some configuration issues with it conceptually.

We are working with an ISP running on their Mobile services. They run their own radius server.

We are looking at creating an IPSec Tunnel between our VPN server (sitting in Azure Cloud) and the ISP radius to create the nexus between the VPN server and the radius.

This is the first issue we need to address. Setting up the IPSec Tunnel between the 2 points. Not sure the easiest or best way to achieve this.

All authentication (user name and password) is handled by the ISP via the radius to a predetermined APN. The SIM card sits in an IOT modem and simply authenticates when the connection is made and a private static IP is issued.

We effectively want to capture and allow the authentication and pass these IP’s through our VPN.

I have been trying to work out the overall configuration to achieve this. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated and I’m happy to engage someone to create this if required.

Please message me if you could assist.

Snoopyandcharles

Re: VPN Network Configuration Considerations

Post by Snoopyandcharles » Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:31 pm

Hi,
I am not to familiar with this but will try my best.
Have you tried setting up the radius server for authentication?
https://www.softether.org/4-docs/1-manu ... entication
and you should try using softether client since its quicker then ipsec

Get Smarts

Re: VPN Network Configuration Considerations

Post by Get Smarts » Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:10 am

Thank you for your assistance.

"Have you tried setting up the radius server for authentication?"

The authentication is basically handled by the radius and we want it to push through the authenticated connection to our VPN server.

and you should try using softether client since its quicker then ipsec

We are not able to use the client software on their radius.