Windows 10 bugcheck/restarts due to SeLow_x64.sys

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
gg4real

Windows 10 bugcheck/restarts due to SeLow_x64.sys

Post by gg4real » Sat May 16, 2020 2:36 pm

Hi all,

First: I wanted to say thank you for making such a great product! It's been incredibly useful for me.

However, I've been experiencing system crashes recently on my server - I've been using more memory (but only about 50-75% of the available 32GB), and it seems like that might be causing a driver (SeLow_x64.sys) to fail and trigger a windows crash and automatic restart. This only happens about 1-2 times per week but it's an issue because I have to reload all the other work running on the server, etc etc...

Apologies if I'm posting a duplicate problem - I searched in the forum but it seems like the only mentions of this were from years ago and it was fixed back then.

I have a few of the full MEMORY.DMP files but I don't think I can upload them here because they're 10+GB in size - however, I do have the WinDBG64 report extract attached here - hopefully that can help?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated - thank you very much!
--George

(Note: I'm on SoftEther VPN 4.0 Ver 4.32 Build 9731)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

gg4real

Re: Windows 10 bugcheck/restarts due to SeLow_x64.sys

Post by gg4real » Sun May 17, 2020 3:03 pm

(I'm not sure if others have permissions to see the file I attached - I can't - but if necessary I can post parts of it here... thanks)

drkrool

Post by drkrool » Mon May 25, 2020 5:05 am

Yes we can see attached file

Are you talking about the server or the client causing this issue?

gg4real

Post by gg4real » Tue May 26, 2020 3:04 am

This is on the server (running the SoftEther VPN service)

drkrool

Post by drkrool » Tue May 26, 2020 11:42 pm

Can you reproduce the problem in maybe a windows 10 vm or on another machine?

I've never had this issue on my windows 10 server

gg4real

Post by gg4real » Wed May 27, 2020 5:16 pm

Let me see if I can find a place to do that (run it on a VM) ... it seems like I just have to be using about 80% of the memory on the server, and then let it run overnight.

(I'm not doing anything special overnight; but I'm presuming that's when Windows Update or something else kicks in and starts using more memory)

If I DO get it to do it again, what could that do to help find a fix? I already have the MEMORY.DMP file and WinDBG64 output from the latest crash - - I'm guessing that the reproduction would just be another huge MEMORY.DMP file, right? Is there something else different that would help?

drkrool

Post by drkrool » Wed May 27, 2020 9:22 pm

If you are able to reproduce the problem, you could open an issue on the softether github so the devs see it :
https://github.com/SoftEtherVPN/SoftEtherVPN/issues

Let me know how the vm test turn's out.