Reconnect to other server if the current one you're on disconnects.

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
dcanass

Reconnect to other server if the current one you're on disconnects.

Post by dcanass » Mon May 25, 2020 7:58 pm

Hello everyone,

First of all, I would like to thank the VPNGate and SoftEther VPN team for having this forum to talk to other users about this study/project.

Anyway, does anyone know how to connect to another VPNgate server in the server list client if the current IP disconnects automatically?

Thanks alot!

drkrool

Re: Reconnect to other server if the current one you're on disconnects.

Post by drkrool » Thu May 28, 2020 10:51 am

I don't beleive such mecanism is implanted and easily doable. The VPNGate project don't have aliases that redirect to multiple server like most vpn provider does beause the available server changes very often.

I beleive it could be possible, but that would require a lot of work for not a lot of gain versus doing it manually. If you are a programmer, you could try to use their API to get part of the server's list, setup your own domain name and update the the domain name to redirect to a list of server you fetched through the API.

Still, I've never heard of anybody doing that versus going on the site and connecting to it manually and that's pure speculation

PS : The vpngate forum is here : https://www.vpngate.net/en/forum.aspx