Site to Site VPN Layer3 Switch Ubuntu / DHCP Issue

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
pssadm

Site to Site VPN Layer3 Switch Ubuntu / DHCP Issue

Post by pssadm » Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:58 am

Hi everyone,

I'm just starting wit SoftEther. Looks very easy to work with.

My current issue is as follows, if anyone can help...
DHCP from the Server side will traverse the VPN connection to my remote site. It there anyway to stop this from happening?

Here is what I've done so far which seems to work:

I have a vpnserver with two hubs (one labelled 10.0.0.0 Network and the other 10.0.1.0 Network)
I have an ubuntu server providing DHCP on the 10.0.0.0 network
I have an ubuntu server providing DHCP on the 10.0.1.0 network

In short, I created a Layer 3 switch and put two virtual interface cards one for each network to act as the gateway.
I created bridged the 10.0.0.0 network (which is the local HQ network) to the physical card on the ubuntu server.
I established a bridge connection from my remote network 10.0.1.0 network.

I setup a static route and I can see all the computers on both networks at this point.

My problem is that DHCP from the Server side will traverse the VPN connection to my remote site. It there anyway to stop this from happening?
I tried disabling DHCP using the Site Security option within the USER security section. But even still it makes it thru.

Any help would be very much appreciated!!
Thank you!

pssadm

Re: Site to Site VPN Layer3 Switch Ubuntu / DHCP Issue

Post by pssadm » Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:55 pm

Followup on my own post.

I was able to stop the DHCP from coming over to the 10.0.1.0 network, by Setting the security policy (Filter DHCP) within the Cascade Connection Security Policies.

I still have a minor issue, which I believe is routing related, but I'll post that in another post.

Hope this helps others having similar issues.