Don't see server only when SSL 3.0 enabled

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
BRN

Don't see server only when SSL 3.0 enabled

Post by BRN » Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:58 pm

Hi dear. I pretty much setup all as default (with disabled dynamic DNS and Azure cloud). For learning purpose I setup ideall conditions. Server nad clients use fresh installation of windows 7. All is on same lan with firewall disabled everywhere. Clients are able to connect to server without problems in default config. But when I want to check "Use SSL 3.0 (1)" check box in properties in window client, then server isn't visible at all. "Virtual Hub Name" blank box stays blank because it cannot see server. Client gives me "Error (Error Code 1): Connection to the server failed. Check network connection...". Manual write to that box doesn't help of course. If I uncheck that SSL check box, "Virtual Hub Name" are loaded from server because is visible now. What I have to check to solve this issue? I don't want run this without encryption. I don't want to use certificate. Only password authentification. Thank you.

YoungAncient

Re: Don't see server only when SSL 3.0 enabled

Post by YoungAncient » Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:29 am

I have this same error on a new laptop setup but I am pretty sure it was working before on another machine... Maybe I am mistaken.

PizzaProgram

Re: Don't see server only when SSL 3.0 enabled

Post by PizzaProgram » Thu Feb 23, 2023 1:49 am

I have experienced the same problem.
If I check the "Use SSL 3.0 (1)" checkbox, I can not connect to the server.
"Protocol error ..."

If I uncheck this, it can connect fine.
I've also tried with user+pass only, not with a certificate yet.