self hosted a softether server, some users can't connect

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
senaps

self hosted a softether server, some users can't connect

Post by senaps » Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:57 pm

Hi there,
so I have setup my own vpn on a server, my wife, my brother and a friend of mine are okay to connect. my phone is connected, but I can't get connection on my laptop.(ubuntu 20.20)

the problem is, I tried to reset the vpn server on the server and now, my phone(android open vpn client) keeps trying to connect, but it is actually connected an I can open sites that are censored here in iran.

I can't understand anything from logs on the server(server_log, sec_log) files. and there is no errors thrown from the client side. how can I see whats going on and why my laptop can't connect ?
it just keeps trying for a minute and then throws a connection failed error.
I have been able to use my vpn on my laptop before, so it's strange that I can't do it anymore.

Code: Select all

Server returned error NXDOMAIN, mitigating potential DNS violation DVE-2018-0001, retrying transaction with reduced feature level UDP`
it is from my machines logs.

drkrool

Re: self hosted a softether server, some users can't connect

Post by drkrool » Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:15 pm

Maybe post some client and server logs, I can't really help with no error or so little context