I just learnt about SoftEther and I'm excited to try it out :)
My question is about the hardware needed to create a Layer-2 Bridge. Here's what I know:
- SoftEther will run as a software server on a local computer connected to the Internet
- SoftEther will help create and host a virtual Ethernet port
- A separate VPN service I get will provide a way for the Ethernet port to be accessible online
- SoftEther will run on a remote computer to provide access to the virtual Ethernet port hosted at the first server's location
- A router connected to the remote computer will provide an real Ethernet port to physically connect to the virtual Ethernet port
- Optionally, a wireless router connected to the remote router can provide wireless access to the virtual Ethernet port
I know I wrote a lot, but that's the picture I have of how SoftEther bridges two locations and provides a remote Ethernet port. I only need the remote location to (preferably) have wireless connection to mirror the originating location's network and internet connection as if I was connected there (which I think is what the bridge is supposed to accomplish)
Do I have the basics down right or did I miss something/the whole thing?
I look forward to seeing if I have the correct process and how to actually do this. If there's hardware to buy, I'd like to know what's ideal but still (hopefully) somewhat economical as well. TIA.
Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
1 post • Page 1 of 1