Port Closed Due to the Incompetence of the SoftEther Creators

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
czpy

Port Closed Due to the Incompetence of the SoftEther Creators

Post by czpy » Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:01 pm

Well for the last 2 days I've tried on several different servers from several different companies to do something so simple. Add a listening port, but due to the great design the creators of SoftEther chose, it doesn't work at all. I open the listening ports and its they arent listening and I cant connect on the ports.

fenice

Re: Port Closed Due to the Incompetence of the SoftEther Creators

Post by fenice » Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:09 am

czpy wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:01 pm
Well for the last 2 days I've tried on several different servers from several different companies to do something so simple. Add a listening port, but due to the great design the creators of SoftEther chose, it doesn't work at all. I open the listening ports and its they arent listening and I cant connect on the ports.
That's rather a rude and unnecessary comment! I've been using SoftEther VPN server for a while and there's no problem installing and connecting to it, perhaps the problem is misconfiguration.

If you gave a complete description of the steps you took to install the software and configure it then perhaps someone could offer some advice. If your intention is just to criticise a piece of software because you can't get it working then I'd advise you to look elsewhere for something more to your taste or ask for your money back. ;)
Regards

Bill

jirkon

Post by jirkon » Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:20 am

I agree with you 100%.
Maybe our friend doesn't know that most port checkers using tcp only? Maybe he has misconfigured his firewall? Maybe he didn't read the "instructions"?. I think the later.
Regards

sky59

Post by sky59 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:44 am

SE is the best and most useful thing I met in last 5 years!

I installed it in many different architectures starting 4MB/32MB microruoter up to the android tablet.

No problems at all.

ethanolson

Post by ethanolson » Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:44 am

I ran into an issue with port bindings in Linux. The symptoms were as the original post describes. It was the Linux distro's architecture and not the software. A few complex commands from an internet search fixed it. I can't recall what the commands were and I try to avoid Linux because my competencies are elsewhere.

Afakename

Post by Afakename » Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:32 pm

Beggers can't be choosers. You cannot demand full refund for something that costs $0.00