Softether running on OPNsense setup

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
rassamf

Softether running on OPNsense setup

Post by rassamf » Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:03 am

Hi guys,

So I have 2 Bare Metal servers site A and site B, currently running OPNsense 20.7. I have a openVPN connection site to site with internet access from Site B.

Both servers are remote and I want to setup SoftEther on Site A so that users can connect via a vpn protocol.

Both sites have 2x nics WAN/LAN

However before I go ahead and try to implement this, does SoftEther support UPNP? I have UPNP activated on Site A OPNsense server already... Should I disable it? It is essential I have this kind of functionality as the users will be using many ports due to the nature of their devices and also the same ports at the same time... So I am assuming I will require to have the NAT feature on SoftEther running too.

Finally for the NAT feature to work successfully as a DHCP server do I need to bridge SoftEther to the WAN or LAN nic of the hosting server Site A? Remember I am tunneling internet access from Site B but users connect to Site A.

Thank you very much in advance.

Arigatogozaimas!

rassamf

Re: Softether running on OPNsense setup

Post by rassamf » Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:38 am

it s a shame there isnt anyone here who can help on this.

However I have managed to set this up and all internet is routed via Site B but it seems that upnp is not working with opnsense and Softether. I will make another post asking about this.