Double vpn setup - site to site

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
dvpn

Double vpn setup - site to site

Post by dvpn » Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:35 am

Hi there,

I’m struggling to figure out how set up site to site connection to a VPS

Here is what I want to achieve;

Client connects to local server, local server passes traffic to VPS and use it as a gateway to bypass ISP Firewall

Site 1- I have softether running as server on VPS
Site 2 - I have a windows machine with Softether running as a server. (Local)

-2 virtual Hubs are created on both server
-Cascade connection established on Site 1 server to site 2 from the VPs to the local machine
-SecureNat enabled on Local Server only

I have disabled local bridge on both sites

I have port 443 error on my local server and I can’t seem to change it, all other ports are listening fine.

I’m not sure what I am missing here?

Thanks In advance.

centeredki69

Re: Double vpn setup - site to site

Post by centeredki69 » Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:40 am

Hello,

Disable SecureNAt on the Local Server Virtual HUB. Enable SecureNAT on the VSP server Virtual HUB. Insure the "L2 cascade connection" is established between the 2 Virtual HUBS. Have a client connect to the Local Virtual HUB. If they receive an IP address of 192.168.30.X (the SecureNAT default DHCP subnet on the VSP) then their traffic should be flowing out the VPS.
I'm not sure how to fix the 443 error as I have never had that issue, although I know other people have. Sound like another service might be using 443.

dvpn

Post by dvpn » Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:36 am

Perfect, I’ll try that and post results, one thing I realized when creating OpenVPN files, there are no certs or key included, I guess I’m missing something here?

dvpn

Post by dvpn » Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:09 pm

I have cascade connections online on both side, my OpenVPN files doesn’t have any keys nor certificate and IPSec doesn’t connect too!!