Radius authentication reply message

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
megatronz

Radius authentication reply message

Post by megatronz » Fri Dec 18, 2020 3:51 pm

Hello,

I'm using radius authentication to allow users to login to virutal hub, i have (*) user created there. the radius server connected to my database and works fine, i only have one issue, i programed my radius server to allow only specific number of simultaneous connections for each user, my radius server send "refuse" message when the client used its max number of simultaneous connections, however the client see error message that (user name or password) are incorrect, and i want to show the error message that says "there is too many clients connected with this account".

is it possible?

Best Regards.

bcrowlio

Re: Radius authentication reply message

Post by bcrowlio » Tue Jun 20, 2023 3:17 am

hi. which radius u use? i have problem with simultaneously connections

peterryd

Re: Radius authentication reply message

Post by peterryd » Thu Jun 22, 2023 1:33 am

Yes, it is possible to display a custom error message to the client when they exceed the maximum number of simultaneous connections using radius authentication. Instead of sending a "refuse" message, you can configure your radius server to send a specific "Access-Reject" packet with a custom error message indicating that there are too many clients connected with the account. This way, the client will receive a more informative error message accurately reflecting the issue. Make sure to consult the documentation or configuration settings of your specific radius server implementation to enable this custom error message functionality a small world cup.