Trying to share Cisco Anyconnect VPN connection from one computer to another

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
workplayce

Trying to share Cisco Anyconnect VPN connection from one computer to another

Post by workplayce » Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:40 am

Trying to share VPN from one computer to another within local area network via home gateway- the VPN computer uses Cisco AnyConnect... Not sure if this is possible... The VPN computer has SoftEther Server software setup, and default VPN Hub setup and bridge between the hub and the AnyConnect connection... Also the VPN computer has one WIFI adapter to use and an Ethernet port... (but currently not using the Ethernet).

The client computer has SoftEther Client software installed. This is where it's at. After connection the VPN on the server... which IP address do I use from the client? The IPV4 address of the VPN computer for the WIFI connection that it uses to connect, or the IPV4 address for the Cisco AnyConnect connection? Either is not reachable from the client computer via ping. And when I register either IP address I do not get the VPN hub to show on the dropdown- so I just type it in manually (DEFAULT). Anyway it does not connect.

Tried Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot from the VPN computer and tried that way (not using SoftEther) but that does not work either... Seems like Cisco AnyConnect once it connects it disables connections on the WIFI so using mobile hotspot is not an option (?).

MenaceF1

Re: Trying to share Cisco Anyconnect VPN connection from one computer to another

Post by MenaceF1 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:34 pm

Hi,
I realise this isn't a very helpful reply, but I'm trying to do the same thing, but I'm stuck at the same place.
Did you ever get this to work?

fparaggio

Re: Trying to share Cisco Anyconnect VPN connection from one computer to another

Post by fparaggio » Mon Sep 12, 2022 1:13 pm

Any result? I am trying to do the same.

solo

Post by solo » Tue Sep 13, 2022 10:29 am

On the Cisco AnyConnect adapter turn off the "Use default gateway on remote network" option in the advanced properties and re-try whatever the OP had already tried. Also, depending on your objectives, instead of bridging you could install also SoftEther client on the same PC with a localhost connection AND IP forwarding enabled (ensure that the "Routing and Remote Access" service is running).