Unable to connect to VPN with android or windows 10

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
chick3n

Unable to connect to VPN with android or windows 10

Post by chick3n » Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:27 pm

So I just set up a server configured to use vpnazure, since my ISP does not give me a public IP. I am having issues connecting through most methods. Using built in Windows 10 VPN settings it connects for less than a second, then disconnects with "the ppp link control protocol was terminated". Oddly enough it works when I connect on my home network, but gives the error when I connect through my 4G hotspot (the connection mode for which I wanted the VPN in the first place). The only reliable method was using the Softether client on the windows machine, which is fine over 4G.

The android phone itself just outright refuses to work. I followed every guide I could find, did user as well as user@hub, forwarding routes 0.0.0.0/0, made a new user, hostname.vpnazure.net, made sure I had the IPSec key right. Tried over 4G and my home wifi. Just sits at "Connecting..." for a minute then fails. Even tried generating an openVPN file and running that, still no luck on the phone. Anything anyone can think of to try next?