"installation of virtual network adapter device driver failed"

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
georgeMoody

"installation of virtual network adapter device driver failed"

Post by georgeMoody » Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:39 am

hello, i'm trying to use the vpn client on my surface pro x but every time that i want to add a virtual network adapter, it goes up to about 25% but then it gives me this error:" installation of virtual adapter device driver failed" so i can't use the client at all. I'm guessing this happens because of my laptops hardware but I'm not sure. can anyone help me, please?

solo

Re: "installation of virtual network adapter device driver failed"

Post by solo » Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:46 am

Surface Pro X is ARM based and Win x86 apps are emulated. You can not install a native x86 VPN driver on it.

Install Hyper-V first, then in it either x86 Windows or Linux. But in my opinion Linux SE client is rather painful to use. Linux SE server is actually fantastic.

hans danger

Re: "installation of virtual network adapter device driver failed"

Post by hans danger » Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:33 pm

georgeMoody wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:39 am
hello, i'm trying to use the vpn client on my surface pro x but every time that i want to add a virtual network adapter, it goes up to about 25% but then it gives me this error:" installation of virtual adapter device driver failed" so i can't use the client at all. I'm guessing this happens because of my laptops hardware but I'm not sure. can anyone help me, please?