Download Siemens Wincc RT Advanced

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
Post Reply
stikalo
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:25 am

Download Siemens Wincc RT Advanced

Post by stikalo » Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:47 am

Hello,

i have PC Win10 with 2 ethernet adapter. 1st adapter is for WAN, 2st adapter is for LAN. I install SoftEther server and successfuly connect to my SoftEther client, on second PC. I can ping my LAN adapter from SoftEther client, second PC and i can pig all devices on LAN network. I can connect to Siemens PLC on the LAN, but i cannot connect to Siemens software on server PC. This Siemens software, Wincc RT Advanced using LAN adapter for communication to PLC and for project downloading.

Picture in Attachments...


Any idea?

Peter
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

solo
Posts: 68
Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:31 am

Re: Download Siemens Wincc RT Advanced

Post by solo » Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:33 pm

You need to open up several ports in the PC's firewall.

eddiewu
Posts: 135
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:10 am

Re: Download Siemens Wincc RT Advanced

Post by eddiewu » Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:41 pm

It seems that your VPN is working normally.
How do you access Wincc RT? (i.e. what client? what protocol? what address?)
Does it accept access from LAN?
Can you do Wireshark on the Win 10 computer?

stikalo
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:25 am

Re: Download Siemens Wincc RT Advanced

Post by stikalo » Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:02 am

For Soft Ether server i have PC FEC PP-9635C, with Windows 10 Enterpreise LTSC. it's funny that out of about 20 FECs, half of them work normally. I can normaly download to Siemens WinccRT. The client is the same PC, Siemens PG M6. All FECs have the same version of Siemens equipment. I have the firewall turned off. If I connect to a LAN on server site with a cable with a Siemens PC PG M6, I can normally load the program on Wincc RT, but
it doesn't go over the internet, but it does ping.

Please some idea,s.

I don't know how and what i can record with wireshark...


Peter

stikalo
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:25 am

Re: Download Siemens Wincc RT Advanced

Post by stikalo » Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:27 am

solo wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:33 pm
You need to open up several ports in the PC's firewall.
Thanks for replay and link.

Firewall is OFF.

Peter

eddiewu
Posts: 135
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:10 am

Re: Download Siemens Wincc RT Advanced

Post by eddiewu » Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:33 am

Does the client use the LAN IP of the server (192.168.0.x) to connect? Or an internal hostname? Or does it use some kind of broadcast so that no server address is specified?

solo
Posts: 68
Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:31 am

Re: Download Siemens Wincc RT Advanced

Post by solo » Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:18 am

I don't think it can be done over the internet. Note the number of 'exotic' Ethernet protocols used by WinCC. In particular "The DCP protocol (Discovery and basic Configuration Protocol) is used by PROFINET and provides the basic functionality for locating and configuring PROFINET devices."
The Discovery and Basic Configuration Protocol (DCP) is a protocol definition within the PROFINET context. It is a link layer based protocol to configure station names and IP addresses.

The link layer is the group of methods and communications protocols that only operate on the link that a host is physically connected to.
In other words - Layer 1

stikalo
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:25 am

Re: Download Siemens Wincc RT Advanced

Post by stikalo » Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:59 pm

eddiewu wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:33 am
Does the client use the LAN IP of the server (192.168.0.x) to connect? Or an internal hostname? Or does it use some kind of broadcast so that no server address is specified?
Yes the client VPN adapter is in the same subnet as server LAN adapter.

stikalo
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:25 am

Re: Download Siemens Wincc RT Advanced

Post by stikalo » Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:00 pm

solo wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:18 am
I don't think it can be done over the internet. Note the number of 'exotic' Ethernet protocols used by WinCC. In particular "The DCP protocol (Discovery and basic Configuration Protocol) is used by PROFINET and provides the basic functionality for locating and configuring PROFINET devices."
The Discovery and Basic Configuration Protocol (DCP) is a protocol definition within the PROFINET context. It is a link layer based protocol to configure station names and IP addresses.

The link layer is the group of methods and communications protocols that only operate on the link that a host is physically connected to.
In other words - Layer 1
Yes your words are true, but for Profinet. Wincc RT Advanced is not Profinet is Ethernet. I think this is not Layer 1, but higer...

solo
Posts: 68
Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:31 am

Re: Download Siemens Wincc RT Advanced

Post by solo » Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:03 pm

stikalo wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:00 pm
Yes your words are true, but for Profinet. Wincc RT Advanced is not Profinet is Ethernet. I think this is not Layer 1, but higer...
DCP was only one example. I am not familiar with Wincc versions but the list of other Ethernet Layer-1-like protocols on the Wincc page is long. Layer 1 explains perfectly the issue you are reporting.

I have good news for you for an instant solution to the problem. Follow me:
  1. dl TightVNC (freeware)
  2. install VNC client on the remote PC VPN client
  3. install VNC server on the Wincc PC
  4. start SoftEther VPN
  5. make VNC connection on your LAN IP
  6. from the VNC client transfer your "project download" to the Wincc PC
  7. apply the update directly on the Wincc PC via VNC interface
OK?

eddiewu
Posts: 135
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:10 am

Re: Download Siemens Wincc RT Advanced

Post by eddiewu » Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:31 am

stikalo wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:59 pm
Yes the client VPN adapter is in the same subnet as server LAN adapter.
Of course they are. I am asking how is the client locating the server.
Usually it's done via direct IP, hostname (requiring DNS), or some neighbor discovery mechanism via broadcast.
If you can't do Wireshark I feel I can't be more helpful. Sorry.

solo
Posts: 68
Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:31 am

Re: Download Siemens Wincc RT Advanced

Post by solo » Sun Mar 21, 2021 1:03 am

solo wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:03 pm
stikalo wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:00 pm
Yes your words are true, but for Profinet. Wincc RT Advanced is not Profinet is Ethernet. I think this is not Layer 1, but higer...
DCP was only one example. I am not familiar with Wincc versions but the list of other Ethernet Layer-1-like protocols on the Wincc page is long. Layer 1 explains perfectly the issue you are reporting.

I have good news for you for an instant solution to the problem. Follow me:
  1. dl TightVNC (freeware)
  2. install VNC client on the remote PC VPN client
  3. install VNC server on the Wincc PC
  4. start SoftEther VPN
  5. make VNC connection on your LAN IP
  6. from the VNC client transfer your "project download" to the Wincc PC
  7. apply the update directly on the Wincc PC via VNC interface
OK?
I may add that MS' native RDP can be used instead of VNC for this purpose, although file transfer will require extra steps and/or setup.

catzop
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2021 9:06 am
Contact:

Re: Download Siemens Wincc RT Advanced

Post by catzop » Sat Jul 10, 2021 10:53 am

Does the client use the LAN IP of the server to connect?

Post Reply