vpn on domaincontorller

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
tmcmuu22

vpn on domaincontorller

Post by tmcmuu22 » Mon Dec 13, 2021 8:44 am

i have softether server set up on my windows server domain controller, that is also hosting network shares

i can get connceted to the vpn hosted on the server, however i cant ping the main domain controller, nor can i join a pc to the domain over vpn, or log in new users, or see any network shares?

how do i configure softether server on my domain controller server, or do i need a seperate PC just for softether server?

nobody12

Re: vpn on domaincontorller

Post by nobody12 » Sat Dec 18, 2021 9:58 am

While Microsoft recommends to run only Domaincontroller services on a DC and nothing else, I dont see why Softether should not work. But I have not tried. I could imagine that running a DHCP server on the same machine as SE might be a a problem. However for me it does not look like there is a problem with SE and the DC. It rather looks like there is something broken with your installation. Guess: you missed to setup the local bridge entirely or did it wrong. Or your System runs in a VM and you did not enable promiscous mode for the virtual network card.
Do you have a local bridge? Does your client get an IP address after successful authentication, and what is the IP?