Please, help me.

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
roleplay1

Please, help me.

Post by roleplay1 » Sun Feb 27, 2022 4:13 pm

Hello, please help me solve the problem. I had a VPN connection and everything was working very well, but overnight I am unable to connect to an active vpn server. I get the message: "Sun Feb 27 17:12:34 2022 read UDPv4: Connection reset by peer (WSAECONNRESET) (code=10054)"
I haven't changed anything in the computer settings. I have anti-virus and firewalls turned off. I tried to change the version of the program, but the effect is the same, I get a message a little different, more or less like this: "error code=10054" Is the fault on my side or on the VPN server side? Please help me.

red13

Re: Please, help me.

Post by red13 » Mon Mar 07, 2022 5:59 pm

Hi,
It's likely the error is coming from your connection to the server.
Are you able to run a telnet command line from your client towards the server using the exact same port ?

roleplay1

Unable to connect to the host on port 1207: Connection has failed

Post by roleplay1 » Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:21 pm

Thanks for Your reply. I tried it after your post. Result: "Unable to connect to the host on port 1207: Connection has failed" - I don't know much about VPNs, but I'm not sure if that can be a determinant - when i try to connect to another server via openvpn everything works ok, when i do telnet to this server i get the same telnet error. Maybe it's just a coincidence. I don't want to spread chaos here but with another properly functioning vpn server after doing telnet everything disappears so I can see the difference. I tried change internet connection- I mean I switched off router and I did tethering connection via mobile phone netowrk. When I use tethering I can connect to another server normally, when i try to this server that i care about - I can't. I changed even computer and tried all options which I have described. Everything is exactly the same result: "#error code=10054" or "Tue Mar 08 23:28:05 2022 read UDPv4: Connection reset by peer (WSAECONNRESET) (code=10054)" I downloaded OPEN VPN for android. Everything is exactly the same result, phone just does not connect to the server, but when i try connect to another server it works. The server I care about is definitely active, I can see the difference when it is turned off -then there is simply no attempt to connect. As a curiosity, I can say that I am describing a situation that happens on 2 vpn servers which i would like to connect with. The servers i am desrribing are located in 2 different countries and the problem with them started at a similar time and is exactly the same error. Is there any chance to fix this sh*t: D?