Software similar to OpenVPN

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
hadi5

Software similar to OpenVPN

Post by hadi5 » Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:02 pm

Hello guys,

In Iran, we have been using SoftEther for years to bypass network filtering and provide citizens with access to the free Internet.
We used to use OpenVPN on phones and connect them to VPN servers, but recently and after the recent protests, this is no longer possible.
We guess that the request headers sent from OpenVPN are detected and blocked. Does anyone know of similar software that we can use? It is better if they do not have identifiable headers. It should also be possible to change the port cause the used ports are often banned by the government.
I must say that Softether software still works well on Windows.

Thank you

solo

Re: Software similar to OpenVPN

Post by solo » Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:09 am

Check on https://www.vpngate.net/en/ what IPs, ports and VPN protocols are still usable.

hadi5

Re: Software similar to OpenVPN

Post by hadi5 » Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:05 am

I know vpngate... only local network is available for phones so we bridged some of the servers in a local data center that is still connected to the Internet to VPN servers. This means that the Internet is not directly available for users. as I said, our problem now is the software.