Make specified software not use VPN

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
alphayxc

Make specified software not use VPN

Post by alphayxc » Fri Mar 10, 2023 6:02 pm

• My use case is to allow remote control software to bypass VPN and connect directly to the internet while VPN is enabled. The remote control software relies on resolving domain names to obtain different IP addresses, many of which cannot be listed one by one. Therefore, it cannot be accomplished by writing static routes. Instead, a per-application proxy solution is needed. Is there a suitable solution available?

shakibamoshiri

Re: Make specified software not use VPN

Post by shakibamoshiri » Fri Mar 10, 2023 9:03 pm

alphayxc wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2023 6:02 pm
  • My use case is to allow remote control software to bypass VPN and connect directly to the internet while VPN is enabled. The remote control software relies on resolving domain names to obtain different IP addresses, many of which cannot be listed one by one. Therefore, it cannot be accomplished by writing static routes. Instead, a per-application proxy solution is needed. Is there a suitable solution available?
If I understood your correctly, you no need a "full tunnel" but a kind of "split tunnel" which can be set via SE server to push addresses not to route or better could be run on client side separating routes before establishing a VPN connection.
For the case you work with domains not IPs, so resolving them can be handled by a "script"
And "a per-application proxy solution is needed" I do not think so you can achieve it suing SE but wait it may other had a solution for this.