The Hub supporting OPENVPN request

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
hainsoft

The Hub supporting OPENVPN request

Post by hainsoft » Mon Apr 10, 2023 10:36 pm

Hi
I have a question: when we have more than one hub in the softether server, which hub does answer to OPENVPN client connection?
actually i'm looking for a method to assign different IPs to OPENVPN clients, based on the username, or based on TCP port, or somthing else. is this possible?

solo

Re: The Hub supporting OPENVPN request

Post by solo » Tue Apr 11, 2023 12:02 am

If there are two or more Virtual HUBs on the VPN Server, you have to specify the username as:
"Username@Virtual-HUB-Name"
or:
"Virtual-HUB-Name\Username"
Virtual MAC address reservation
When the user object is using the standard user authentication, you need to write the arbitrary virtual MAC address on the "Note" field on the user object. For example, the "Note" field will have the MAC address format which starts with "MAC:" followed by a 6-bytes ASCII-encoded HEX string, such like "MAC:ae:00:00:00:00:01". We recommend to use the "ae" on the first byte of the MAC address...
https://www.softether.org/5-download/history

hainsoft

Re: The Hub supporting OPENVPN request

Post by hainsoft » Thu Apr 13, 2023 2:28 pm

Thank you very much
It works
Now I can present different IP ranges for users on one VPN server, only by using different HUBs, then the user can connect to different server farms only by adding @ and HUB name in this username field in OPENVPN client software.