Problem with VPN connection via Azure - "ppp link control protocol was terminated"

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
Phils80

Problem with VPN connection via Azure - "ppp link control protocol was terminated"

Post by Phils80 » Mon Apr 17, 2023 7:37 am

Hi,

I'm new with SoftEther, trying to setup VPN connection with my home network. I'm forced to use Azure, because my ISP is not providing me public IP. I have installed and configured VPN server. Azure status is connected. When I'm trying to configure VPN connection on Windows 10 system is able to connect, veryfiy username and password, but at the end fails with error "The ppp link control protocol was terminated". I have tried already:

1. PAP - not encrypted password - no result (found here: https://www.vpnusers.com/viewtopic.php?t=66485)
2. Windows Defender firewall off - no effect too
3. Changing user name from username to username@severname - no difference

I decided to check what kind of error it returns and after launching vpn connection from command prompt I see following:

Code: Select all

C:\WINDOWS\system32>rasdial Dom myLOGIN myPASWD
Connecting to Dom...
Verifying username and password...
Connecting to Dom...
Verifying username and password...
Registering your computer on the network...

Remote Access error 734 - The PPP link control protocol was terminated.

For more help on this error:
        Type 'hh netcfg.chm'
        In help, click Troubleshooting, then Error Messages, then 734

Thanks in advance for any sugestions how to fix that.

Phils80

Re: Problem with VPN connection via Azure - "ppp link control protocol was terminated"

Post by Phils80 » Wed Apr 19, 2023 7:07 am

solo wrote:
Mon Apr 17, 2023 10:10 am
Use SE client https://www.vpnusers.com/viewtopic.php? ... 267#p99021
Thanks solo - it seems it works with SE client. Great !