Win7 cannot establish IPv6 L2TP tunnel to SoftEther Server

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
wangqiaoqian

Win7 cannot establish IPv6 L2TP tunnel to SoftEther Server

Post by wangqiaoqian » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:07 am

Hello,I use windows7 (by adding a native L2TP VPN) to try establishing IPv6 L2TP connection to the SoftEther server on Centos7, but always failed with "Error 1168:Element not found ....".

However:

(1) the same windows7 can establish L2TP connection by adding a native L2TP VPN with the same L2TP server using IPv4 address without any problem.
(2) the same windows7 can use SoftEther client to connect to SoftEther server using IPv6/IPv4 address without any problem.
(3) windows11 and windows10 can connect to the same IPv6 L2TP server by adding a native L2TP VPN without any problem.

Has anyone encountered this issue, and maybe I missed some configuration or are there some workaround to fix that? Thank you very much in advance.

The configuration for Windows is as follows:
(1) VPN type: L2TP/IPSec
(2) Requires encryption (will disconnect if server declines)
(3)CHAP and MS-CHAP v2 are checked
(4)The correct pre-shared key is entered
(5)The correct username and password are set.

There is no firewall between the IPv6 L2TP/IPSec server and the Windows PC; the server is listening on the ports:
TCP 443
UDP 500
UDP 1701

I have made the following attempts on Windows 7:
(1)Execute ‘sfc /scannow’ with administrator privileges, output no error:
“Verification 100% complete.”
(2)The online solution using the DISM command doesn't apply ,because Windows 7 does not support DISM.
(3)Add key ‘AssumeUDPEncapsulationContextOnSendRule’,value = 2
(4)I referred to the method in this link, but there is no ProhibitIpSec in my registry:
https://www.vpnusers.com/viewtopic.php? ... ows7#p6478
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.