Android phones?

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
Chilly8

Android phones?

Post by Chilly8 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:00 am

What kind of software on an Android phone can connect to a port 443 SSL VPN on Softether? My cell phone provider blocks PPTP and LT2P VPNs, but I found that my laptop, when going through my data plan can connect via the SSL connection on port 443. Metro/TMobile does not block port 443 SSL proxies at this time.

I want to connect to my own network so I can block those annoying pre-roll ads on TuneIn. I have the IP addresses for the pre-roll ads blocked at the firewall level on my home network, and the pre-roll ads are killed on my network. But now I need something for Android that will let me kill the pre-roll ads on my phone as well. Since Google removed AdBlock for Android phones, from the Google Play store, I am looking to block the pre-roll ads at the firewall level using my network.

Killing ads at the firewall level on my network also kills ads where AdBlock is blocked, so if TuneIn ever blocks AdBlock users, the ads will still be killed at the firewall level. The only site, so far, that appears to have gotten wise to firewall-level ad blocking is Hulu.

Petrol

Re: Android phones?

Post by Petrol » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:59 pm

Maybe you can setup the OpenVPN clone in Softether and use the OpenVPN client on your Android phone.
You can configure the OpenVPN server to listen on port TCP 443 (instead of UDP/1194).

Exodus

Re: Android phones?

Post by Exodus » Thu May 09, 2019 3:49 pm

Speaking of ADBlock for Android, are there any analogues that could block ads?