LZO Compression

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
tsholo13

LZO Compression

Post by tsholo13 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:26 pm

Hi
Is there anyway to enable comp-lzo on SoftEther VPN?

tsholo13

Re: LZO Compression

Post by tsholo13 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:42 pm

Please anyone help

tsholo13

Post by tsholo13 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:37 am

I do not really get the point of this forum if people will just read the thread instead of helping out

fenice

Post by fenice » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:52 am

tsholo13 wrote:
> I do not really get the point of this forum if people will just read the
> thread instead of helping out

Not everyone that reads your thread is able to offer an answer, that includes me. Don't be so impatient, you also haven't given much information about which version of SoftEtherVPN you're using (if at all) nor which product documentation you've looked at nor why you need to use LZO.

Don't forget that people reply to messages on these forums do so when thay have the time, this is not an official support forum - if it doesn't suit you then ask for a full refund of the purchase price. :)
Regards

Bill

thisjun

Post by thisjun » Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:07 am

SoftEther has zip compression function.

tamarix

Post by tamarix » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:19 am

Hi

I have the same issue as I am migrating from an old openvpn server to a softether based one.

I would have liked my client on the field being able to connect to the new VPN without modifying their config files.

The initial config file had the comp-lzo option activated and I now need to activate it on the server to avoid the error

Code: Select all

Bad LZO decompression header byte: 42
I have been looking in the softether config file to check is this option can be used but no luck ... Any help would be appreciated

Thank you
Franck

tpaier

Post by tpaier » Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:09 am

I have the same issue:
The pre-existing clients are using OpenVPN with LZO enabled -- so to make them work as they are it is mandatory to enable LZO compression also on the server. But is seems there is no way to activate this option on SoftEther implementation of OpenVPN -- at least in the config file there is no mention of LZO...
Thank you in advance.