Running lxd with tap interface

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
slomikee

Running lxd with tap interface

Post by slomikee » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:26 pm

I have been running the Softether server for a long time in an AWS ec2 instance with no problems but I need to now run it in a LXC container My setup includes a local bridge (tap_br). I have used the exact same configuration but no traffic is not getting to the tap_br interface. The only traffic that shows up on the tap_br is ARP requests and responses. I am using LXD 3.2. Both the host and guests are running Ubuntu 16.04. Softether version is 4.23.
I have read other related posts and tried things that have been suggested like “DisableIpRawModeSecureNAT true” . Nothing has helped so far. I am not sure if this is a LXD configuration issue or a Softether configuration issue. Any suggest would be appreciated.

slomikee

Re: Running lxd with tap interface

Post by slomikee » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:16 pm

My current thought is that the arp request to the bridge interface (br1) which is connected to the tap bridge (tap_br1) is not getting a responds.

slomikee

Post by slomikee » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:15 pm

Sorry, this is an issue of caused by LXD container. Some how the order of bring up has changed. The network is coming up before softether creates the tap_br interface so it does not get linked to the bridge.

brianmullan

Post by brianmullan » Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:26 pm

@slomikee

I am a long time LXD user but know little to nothing about SoftEther yet.

Could you share any info about how you setup SoftEther to work with LXD on your system?

thanks
brian