Server/Bridge goes offline after internet connection changes

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
elmoghazy.omar

Server/Bridge goes offline after internet connection changes

Post by elmoghazy.omar » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:03 am

Hi everybody,
I'm experiencing some issues with Softether Vpn Bridge and Server, currently i've tested this with some Bridges on Raspberry Pi 3b and a Server running on Ubuntu Server on VM.
The installation goes fine and everithing works well until i try to change something on the phyiscal interface that the machine uses to connect to internet.
Let's take a bridge on Raspi as an example, I've installed and configured softether package using an eth wan connection and everything works, now let's assume I want to connect to internet in wifi client mode instead of eth, or I just want to connect via eth to a different subnet (192.168.1.x instead of 192.168.0.x used during the original installation).
In both this scenarios the Bridge loses connection to the external world while I've checked that the Raspberry connects to internet properly.
Is there a way to set how the softether virtual vpn adapter connects to the internet?
Am I losing some setting?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks a lot in advance
Omar

thisjun

Re: Server/Bridge goes offline after internet connection changes

Post by thisjun » Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:53 am

Specifically, is the VPN connection disconnected?
Could you show the server log?

elmoghazy.omar

Re: Server/Bridge goes offline after internet connection changes

Post by elmoghazy.omar » Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:32 pm

thisjun wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:53 am
Specifically, is the VPN connection disconnected?
Could you show the server log?
Hi thisjun, the vpn bridge seems to lose any wan connectivity and in the cascade connection page i get "error 1: connection to the server failed..." but it's not a server side problem since it was working perfectly before changing wan connection. It seems that the softether bridge stays associated with the previous wan connection, what I wan to achieve is a sort of failover (eth & wlan) even if it requires rebooting the device that's not a problem. Is there a way to tell softether which network interface to use as wan connection? Currently i'm making some hardware work on that device and I can't retrieve the log but I'll post it as soon as possible.

UPDATE: I've tested that on the Softether Bridge for windows and with the same configuration there is no problem so I assume it's related to the network management of linux

thanks