Push notification for email not working with a VPN

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
streetwolf

Push notification for email not working with a VPN

Post by streetwolf » Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:43 pm

I use a VPNCity software as my VPN program. They use SoftEther. I am having a problem having new email pushed to me in my Microsoft Mail app on Windows 10. Email that arrives at my outlook.com account is not getting pushed to MS Mail when I am connected to a VPN server. When I don't use a VPN the push works fine. I was just wondering if you have any suggestions to get push working when using VPNCity if it's a SoftEther problem.

TIA.

streetwolf

Re: Push notification for email not working.

Post by streetwolf » Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:18 pm

Lots of views. Someone must have an answer to my issue. I don't know if my email notification problem is SoftEther related or happens on any VPN. Those folks using MS Mail do you receive a notification when you receive new email while using SoftEther? It's possible that all push notifications don't work when running SoftEther so another email client that notifies of new email might also not work. Please confirm.

thisjun

Re: Push notification for email not working with a VPN

Post by thisjun » Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:26 am

Could you explain about your VPN server configuration and network environment etc?

zaefarani

Re: Push notification for email not working with a VPN

Post by zaefarani » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:26 pm

That's exactly the problem I have with receiving notifications from PWAs in windows 10 and with Skype notification too
but there was no problem [or at least I don't remeber]
as long as I use the softether VPN client there is no notification from PWAs and Skype but when I disconnect the VPN they start to arrive
Please review this problem and solve it or at least suggest any solution for this situation