I'm stuck on the SoftEhter client on my Linux Mint machine:
- I have a SoftEther server on AWS - runs fine
- SoftEther client on Windows - runs fine, connects to the server and has no issue.
However on my Mint (on the same network as the Windows machine I have the following issue with the NIC
- NicCreate - seems to work fine - no error
- NicList - shows the created NIC
- NicSetSetting - allows me to change the MAC address, which I can see in NicList
- NicGetSetting gives me
Error occurred. (Error code: 33)
The Nic doesn't seem to be correctly built, when I start the connection, the user connects to the server ( I can see the session on the server), but the Nic never gets an IP address [ the server is working fine with the window client]
Any suggestion where I should be looking:
- I have a dev/net/tun
- Modinfo tun gives me : modinfo: ERROR: Module tun not found. <== Is this the issue??? If so how to fix it.
I tried with modprobe tun, but that doesn't change anything
Running : 4.15.0-51-generic on mint 18.3
SoftEther Client : Version 4.30 Build 9696 (English)
Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:19 pm