Native Windows 10 VPN functionality

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
itbookham

Native Windows 10 VPN functionality

Post by itbookham » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:50 pm

My client is using native Windows 10 (builtin) technology to create a VPN tunnel from a laptop (running Windows 10) in his house to his three colleagues in the field. They need to remotely access the resources (a running service) on the laptop in his house, which is a license 'server' to run specific petroleum modelling software. In order to do this W10 vpn is used. The problem is they cannot all access the laptop resources at the same time, as W10 builtin VPN technology does not seem to accommodate more than one connection at a time. My client needs at least three concurrent connections. The other problem is that W10 vpn doesn't offer split tunnelling, so a lot of the broadband bandwidth in the house is used by a vpn connection.

Whether this is technically possible is one consideration, but presumably Windows 10 EULAs would preclude more than one connection at a time in any event? So, I think the only alternative is to roll out Server 2016?

Just out of interest does SoftEther VPN allow up to three concurrent connections to a particular device, in this case a Windows 10 laptop? And does SoftEther VPN come with split tunnelling features?

Many thanks.