SoftEther VPN Server Manager for Linux

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
hbleier

SoftEther VPN Server Manager for Linux

Post by hbleier » Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:13 am

Are there any plans to make the Manager available for Linux? Preferable as a appimage so it will work on multiple distros of linux? I don't have a apple or a machine running windows. I was able to make it run under wine on ubuntu 18.04 but it is a pain to get working and it is very glitchy. A appimage or a snap package would be awesome and make it much easier to use. I refuse to run windows every time I got to setup a new VPN or make changes to an existing one. That is kinda anti open source don't you think. I manage a multi location SCADA system that is all open source and running on various versions of linux distros, I bridge the networks with SoftEther and it works great except when I got to make changes. Every time it involves setting up wine again to run this simple manager utility for a couple minutes and make my changes to the system.

ozone

Re: SoftEther VPN Server Manager for Linux

Post by ozone » Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:01 pm

I don't have the same issues as you do with windows, but it would be nice if something like that existed.

On the other hand, I can handle the most actions with VPNCMD too, from within linux.
It's is not that you HAVE to go to windows/macOS.

But, as mentioned, it would be nice to have a VPN Server Manager for Linux.

sky59

Re: SoftEther VPN Server Manager for Linux

Post by sky59 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:05 pm

Use vpncmd. It is available for all platforms