How to serve another VPN subnet running on SoftEther VPN server machine

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
PetrN

How to serve another VPN subnet running on SoftEther VPN server machine

Post by PetrN » Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:06 pm

Hello,

I have server machine with Softether VPN Server (LocalBridged to LAN), and VPN works great for client. I have another VPN on the server (Pulse Secure), which creates Juniper Virtual adapter when connecting, and also does some own routing.

When Softether client connects to the server, the server's network is fine (all traffic is router through the server), but there are missing routes to the Pulse Secure.

So the Server network stream goes through Pulse Secure, but Client network stream goes through Server network, not Pulse secure's network.

How I can achieve to have Pulse Secure network (or define IP range routed through Pulse Secure network) available also for client?

Thank you in advance.

PetrN

Re: How to serve another VPN subnet running on SoftEther VPN server machine

Post by PetrN » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:13 am

Any hint? :(

ozone

Post by ozone » Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:35 pm

Hard to hint anything meaningful without knowledge about what the Pulsesecure is actually doing. ("...some routing...")

You really need someone that has both SE en Juniper-vpn experience.

From the SE point of view, and if PulseSecure is really only forwarding (no natting /fw/adv hotspotting), it could be as easy as adjusting your routing table.

But... again... Without info about Pulssecure, almost pointless to give hinting a try.

PetrN

Post by PetrN » Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:39 pm

Thank You..

If I would just assume, that PulseSecure didnt don anything more than forward, do you think you could give me hint how to find correct values and modify routing table?

ozone

Post by ozone » Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:22 am

You could try to push those deviating routes via the dhcp that hands out addresses to softether vpn-clients.

Not sure how you do dhcp-ing now (you did not specify), but it should also be possible to do with the build-in SE dhcp.