HELP NEEDED

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
jmzv13@gmail.com

HELP NEEDED

Post by jmzv13@gmail.com » Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:18 pm

I have a vpn installed in my pc to remotely connect to my company's sql server. That works well. I need to have another computer (out of my house) to connect to my pc and to have access to the sql server (let´s say through my pc).

I configured my computer as a server and the other computer as a client and I was able to make connection between them. However, the third computer does not connect to sql server.

Unfortunately I don't have much knowledge about VPN so any suggestion would be very appreciated
Regards
Jose

Snoopyandcharles

Re: HELP NEEDED

Post by Snoopyandcharles » Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:38 pm

Trying to understand...
Your office gave you VPN access on your home PC to connect to the company VPN server?
Why don't you ask for another user or use same credentials to login from other PC. Did they create an IP whitelist?
You can RDP into your home PC and use that to get to office SQL server.
What VPN server does your work use?

jmzv13@gmail.com

Post by jmzv13@gmail.com » Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:13 pm

Thanks for your answer Snoopyandcharles.

The other person is abroad and my company does not allow foreign IP. Any clue as to how to do it with sotfether.

Best regards
Jose

Snoopyandcharles

Post by Snoopyandcharles » Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:45 am

So they dont allow forgien IP so if he was using a privacy vpn server he then will be able to connect to the office? If this is true then setting up VPN server on your pc and allowing it to come from your wan IP it might work.

If you have a pc behind the nat you can try this
https://www.softether.org/4-docs/2-howt ... .VPN_Azure

But its best you get permission from the sys admins