Failing to Relay to Azure VPN

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
techgamerz64

Failing to Relay to Azure VPN

Post by techgamerz64 » Thu May 28, 2020 2:00 pm

I had successfully configured Relay using AzureVPN. But it is failing after 1 attempt.

I DO NOT HAVE STATIC IP AND NOR DOES I HAVE ANY HIGH END VPN ROUTER.

PC 1 Details (VPN SERVER)
Source Dynamic (Broadband IP): 45.112.XXX.XXX
DDNS is registered successfully in softether Server but it does not ping "abcd1234.vpnazure.net" VPN Relay Server.

PC 2 Details (VPN Client)
Destination (Mobile Hotspot/Another ISP)

Earlier when i pinged my Dynamic DNS of Azure VPN relay i.e abcd1234.vpnazure.net (Actual Name not used). It was pinging and my tunnel was also working perfectly.

Few Days later, it is not pinging and VPN is also not working. I tested the same setup and just changed my Source PC1 Internet connection to another mobile hotspot. It is now working and pinging perfectly to my DDNS host of vpnazure.net.

Now,

Even if i switch the above setup, making the server as client and making the client as server. DDNS Host/IP was pinging but my client(Broadband connection) is not able to connect VPN Relay.

I want to use it on my Original Broadband (45.112.xxx.xxx).

My Question is: Is VPNAZURE Relay Blocking my Broadband sub net? Because i restarted my router and Dynamic IP also changed but still issue is the same on my broadband. Not able to establish VPN Connectivity between 2 PC's

I have reached out to ISP as well and waiting for their answer to see if they are blocking the network.

drkrool

Re: Failing to Relay to Azure VPN

Post by drkrool » Thu May 28, 2020 10:02 pm

Have you played with some firewall or antivirus software in the mean time maybe?

techgamerz64

Post by techgamerz64 » Fri May 29, 2020 3:07 am

I don't have any firewall or antivirus on both server and client. If I change the internet connection then it works.

So I was just curious whether anything from vpnazure.net is blocking or not?

drkrool

Post by drkrool » Fri May 29, 2020 7:35 am

I can't answer this specifically as I dont know, but i'm almost sure they don't block anything, it would be against the purpose of the project. Another way to make sure your isp is/isn't the problem would be to connect to a vpngate client using the same port/protocol you are using to see if it work

Look it up here : https://www.vpngate.net/