RADIUS Authentication for Multiple Hubs

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
Johan

RADIUS Authentication for Multiple Hubs

Post by Johan » Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:20 pm

Hi,

In our setup, we have a Linux SoftEther VPN Server and 5 hubs. Each hub is bridged to a separate VLAN. Each VLAN is effectively a secure zone and there are 5 RADIUS servers, one for each hub. The users and permissions are different.

From what I'm seeing, the RADIUS connection is not routing inside the Hub but it's actually using the external IP of the VPN server. Can it be setup so that the RADIUS connection of each hub stays inside the HUB and uses the Hub's Layer 3 routes?

Thanks!

Johan

Johan

Re: RADIUS Authentication for Multiple Hubs

Post by Johan » Wed May 20, 2020 5:52 pm

We do have this working outside the hub as a quick aside but we're not super happy because we need to make firewall entries to get the data back to the specific RADIUS server. It's good enough for now but it's a pain.

xiaowei.zhang

Post by xiaowei.zhang » Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:30 am

Hi, Johan
which version of SoftEther are you using? I am using opensource from https://www.softether.org/5-download. Radius is necessary for us. but on my version, users cannot be assigned to radius authentication mode. SoftEther always says opensource version cannot support radius authentication.

could you like to tell me how to configure radius authentication? maybe I use wrong version?

any help is appreciated!

Xiaowei

Bairs

Post by Bairs » Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:14 pm

In such a scheme of working with the network, special attention should be paid to the security parameters, especially the radius protocol as the basis. In turn, radius 2 factor authentication provides universal protection in terms of one-time passwords for users. This work radius method is one of the best to date.