SoftVPN Server Setup Question

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
LonnieTC

SoftVPN Server Setup Question

Post by LonnieTC » Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:44 pm

Hi All,

I have been testing a SoftEther VPN server that I setup using Docker image on a Linux server and I am able to connect to it for which it gives me an IP back and all seems well.

The problem is that when I check my IPv4 from and external website, it shows my same IP as if I was not connected to my SoftEther VPN server whcih suggests that the local traffic is not being routed through the VPN.

On the other hand, can also connect to the VPN Gate servers and do the same test which, in this case, show an IP of the VPN server as I would expected and thus the traffic is, in fact, being routed through the VPN Gate server.

In both cases, I used the same SoftEther VPN Client which tells me that there is some configuration differences between the SoftEther VPN servers.

Can anyone please advise me as to what may need to be changed on my SoftEther VPN server to make it function like the VPN Gate server to route all traffic through the VPN?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers,

LonnieTC

Re: SoftVPN Server Setup Question

Post by LonnieTC » Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:25 pm

Problem Solved ------

Just needed to enable the SoftEther NAT & DHCP functionality on the servers