Using commercial VPN providers with SoftEther – what should I look for?

This is idle-talk forum. Write your greeting here. Feel free to discuss here for anything.
Post Reply
Aleksas123
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2026 10:35 am

Using commercial VPN providers with SoftEther – what should I look for?

Post by Aleksas123 » Mon Sep 07, 2026 8:45 am

I’m looking into commercial VPN services that could be used alongside standard VPN clients and more flexible network setups.

[...]

For people using SoftEther, what would you consider most important when evaluating a commercial VPN provider? I’m mainly thinking about protocol support, manual configuration options, routing flexibility, DNS handling and connection stability.

I’m especially interested in whether people here prefer providers that expose standard configuration options rather than requiring everything to go through a proprietary app.

Curious what you usually check first when comparing providers for a SoftEther-based setup.
Last edited by solo on Mon Sep 07, 2026 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: URL to a paid VPN removed

feichtinger
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2025 3:02 pm

Re: Using commercial VPN providers with SoftEther – what should I look for?

Post by feichtinger » Wed Oct 07, 2026 12:29 pm

"For people using SoftEther, what would you consider most important when evaluating a commercial VPN provider?"
TO MAKE $$$$,. LIKe THIS PRESINDENT
"to go through a proprietary app"
An APP is an ordinary program without any hint or 'man page'.
So the ordinary user is kept foolish.
Checking the SoftEther-config one should learn wired Ether first.
But of so many different ways one could not understand all the different ways to solve the problems.
E.G. to find out what the Mailmanger in Linux tries to show, it only makes not too simple problems
and the many ways to solve them really mad. So never try todo so. You only need 4lines written
in bash. Thats all. On the other hand SE tries to solve all the ways for all the solutions,
For a perfect machine you should be satisfied with SystemD, for every network learn "ip"
A professional solvation with SoftEther look at A¹. Or telekom.at. And with that you can make money.

Post Reply